EEO Public File Report
December 1, 2012
- This report covers full-time vacancy recruitment data for the period December 1, 2011 to November 30, 2012. This report has been prepared on behalf of the Station Employment Unit: WZBG-FM, Litchfield, CT.
- EEO Contact for this unit: Theresa Lipeika, P.O. Box 1497, 49 Commons Drive, Litchfield, CT 06759.
- Number of full-time employees: 8
- List of full-time vacancies filled during applicable period: None
Supplemental (non-vacancy) Recruitment Activities
- WZBG participates in the CT Broadcasters Association’s Annual Scholarship program. WZBG runs commercial announcements encouraging applicants. WZBG General Manager participates in reviewing applications, choosing scholarship winners as member of CBA Scholarship Committee. (1999-2000), (2000-2001), (2001-2002), (2002-2003), (2003-2004), (2004-2005), (2005-2006), (2006-2007), (2007-2008), (2008-2009), (2009-2010), (2010-2011) and 2011-2012. General Manager participates in the design of the program, assists with the selection of recipients, and the evaluation of the program each year.
- WZBG sponsored the 8th Annual Job Fair with the Northwest CT Chamber of Commerce on February 23, 2012 (Torrington CT City Hall). General Manager participated in event and accepted resumes with people looking for work. Although WZBG didn’t currently have any opportunities available, a file was created with resumes for future.
- On going Internship Program provides training and opportunities designed to educate students in the field of broadcasting. WZBG’s website offers information on applying for this program. During applicable period:
~1, high school student (senior) from Regional District 7 from April 2011 to July 2012. (Programming, sales and promotions)
~4, high school students from Shepaug Valley Regional High participated in Work Study Program on 9/27/12. (All departments)
~3, high school students (jr and soph) from The Foreman School participated in winter session internship, alternating departments from 11/27/12-11/30/12.
High school students spend time learning and observing with hands on learning to try and narrow their interests.
- WZBG’s Promotions Director and Sales Assistant participated in 20th Annual Daughter’s Day Program with the Litchfield County Women’s Network on April 26, 2012. Over 80 young women participated.
- WZBG’s News Director participated in the University of Connecticut’s Career Conversation program on February 22. Students confer with community members about career opportunities.
- WZBG’s General Manager, Program Director, PM Host/Promotions Director and AE participated in Litchfield High School’s Career Days (3/9/12 and 3/23/12). Students interested in broadcasting, media and production participated in these discussions held over two day period.