EEO Public File Report
December 1, 2014
- This report covers full-time vacancy recruitment data for the period December 1, 2013 to November 30, 2014. This report has been prepared on behalf of the Station Employment Unit: WZBG-FM, Litchfield, CT.
- EEO Contact for this unit: Theresa Lipeika, P.O. Box 1497, 49 Commons Drive, Litchfield, CT 06759.
- Number of full-time employees: 7
- List of full-time vacancies filled during applicable period: None
Supplemental (non-vacancy) Recruitment Activities:
- WZBG participates in the CT Broadcasters Association’s Annual Scholarship program. WZBG runs commercial announcements encouraging applicants. WZBG General Manager participates in reviewing applications, choosing scholarship winners as member of CBA Scholarship Committee. (1999-2000), (2000-2001), (2001-2002), (2002-2003), (2003-2004), (2004-2005), (2005-2006), (2006-2007), (2007-2008), (2008-2009), (2009-2010), (2010-2011), (2011-2012), (2012-2013) AND 2013-2014. General Manager participates in the design of the program, assists with the selection of recipients, and the evaluation of the program each year as a member of the association’s Board of Directors.
- WZBG sponsored the 10th Annual Job Fair with the Northwest CT Chamber of Commerce on February 20, 2013 (Torrington CT City Hall). WZBG ran a commercial schedule promoting the event and encouraging people to attend. WZBG also supported the event with news stories promoting the event. General Manager also had a booth for the event and collected resumes for future opportunities.
- On going Internship Program provides training and opportunities designed to educate students in the field of broadcasting. WZBG’s website offers information on applying for this program. During applicable period:
~One high school students (Jr) from The Deveraux Glenholme School spend a day shadowing our Morning Host/PD/Program Director. (1/15/14)
~Washington Montessori School sent an 8th Grade student interested in programming and promotions to spend 35 hours with us. This young man interned on the Morning Show, the Afternoon Show, Election Night 2014 and helped to update wzbg.com on election night with unofficial results. (11/3/14-11/5/14)
High school students spend time learning and observing with hands on learning to try and narrow their interests.
- WZBG’s General Manager participated in the Northwest CT Chamber of Commerce Leadership NW program on January 15, 2014. Program included general department overviews and functions.