EEO Public File Report
December 1, 2015
This report covers full-time vacancy recruitment data for the period December 1, 2014 to November 30, 2015. This report has been prepared on behalf of the Station Employment Unit: WZBG-FM, Litchfield, CT.
- EEO Contact for this unit: Theresa Lipeika, P.O. Box 1497, 49 Commons Drive, Litchfield, CT 06759.
- Number of full-time employees: 7
- List of full-time vacancies filled during applicable period: None
Supplemental (non-vacancy) Recruitment Activities:
- WZBG participates in the CT Broadcasters Association’s Annual Scholarship program. WZBG runs commercial announcements encouraging applicants. WZBG General Manager participates in reviewing applications, choosing scholarship winners as member of CBA Scholarship Committee. (1999-2000), (2000-2001), (2001-2002), (2002-2003), (2003-2004), (2004-2005), (2005-2006), (2006-2007), (2007-2008), (2008-2009), (2009-2010), (2010-2011), (2011-2012), (2012-2013), (2013-2014) AND 2014-2015. General Manager participates in the design of the program, assists with the selection of recipients, and the evaluation of the program each year as a member of the association’s Board of Directors.
- WZBG sponsored the 11th Annual Job Fair with the Northwest CT Chamber of Commerce on February 26, 2015 (Torrington CT City Hall). WZBG ran a commercial schedule promoting the event and encouraging people to attend. WZBG also supported the event with news stories promoting the event. Again, this year, we had a booth for the event and collected resumes for future opportunities as we did not have any employment openings.
- On going Internship Program provides training and opportunities designed to educate students in the field of broadcasting. WZBG’s website offers information on applying for this program. During applicable period:
~One high school students (Jr) from Northwestern Regional High School (Region 7) participated in internship program. Student spent 15 hours over one month working in each department. Host/PD/Program Director. (4-9-15 to 5-16-15)
~Litchfield High School, Litchfield CT sent one student to shadow Morning Host/Program Director. Special needs student exploring employment interests. He spent time in the studio watching live morning show and assisted in production after show. (3/9/15)
- WZBG’s General Manager participated in the Northwest CT Chamber of Commerce Leadership NW program 2015. Program included general department overviews and functions.
- WZBG’s Program Director participated in Housatonic Valley Regional High School (Region 1) Career Fair. Met with dozens of students during a “speed” format where students pick four careers that they want to learn about. After the informal discussions, he gave a 15 minute presentation about the station and the various opportunities in programming, computer entry, accounting, promotions and sales.
- WZBG’s General Manager participated in YEA, Young Entrepreneur Academy with a Career Meet and Greet on April 29, 2015 at Northwestern Connecticut Community College. Participated in a panel discussion with other representatives from media and print regarding employment opportunities.