December 1, 2016
This report covers full-time vacancy recruitment data for the period December 1, 2015 to November 30, 2016. This report has been prepared on behalf of the Station Employment Unit: WZBG-FM, Litchfield, CT.
- EEO Contact for this unit: Theresa Lipeika, P.O. Box 1497, 49 Commons Drive, Litchfield, CT 06759.
- Number of full-time employees: 7
- List of full-time vacancies filled during applicable period: None
Supplemental (non-vacancy) Recruitment Activities:
- WZBG sponsored the 12th Annual Job Fair with the Northwest CT Chamber of Commerce on March 24, 2016 (Torrington CT, City Hall). WZBG ran a commercial schedule promoting the event and encouraging people to attend. WZBG also supported the event with news stories promoting the event. We were unable to have a booth due to inability to staff it, although we gathered names and numbers of those interested in learning more about future opportunities.
- On going Internship Program provides training and opportunities designed to educate students in the field of broadcasting. WZBG’s website offers information on applying for this program. During applicable period:
~One high school students (Jr) from Northwestern Regional High School (Region 7) participated in internship program. Student is currently spending 1.5 to 3 hours each week here. Cumulative will be 15 hours over a semester and will “shadow” in both promotions and programming. Host/PD/Program Director. (9/26/16 until ?)
~Fordham University student spent two days per week during the summer of 2016 , learning production and board op skills. (6/16-8/16)
- WZBG’s General Manager participated in the Northwest CT Chamber of Commerce Leadership NW program 2016. Program included general department overviews and functions.
- WZBG’s General Manager participated in YEA, Young Entrepreneur Academy with a Career Meet and Greet on May 4, 2016 at Northwestern Connecticut Community College. Participated in a panel discussion with other representatives from media and print regarding employment opportunities.